And as cnn.com live video feeds showed the world another part of the world raped once again by perennial rapist Muslims, Indian media was like always emotional and verbose, Indian Politicians were conspicuous by their absence on the scene and the total lack of crisis management and urgency to save lives shocking.
Inept, inefficient and under qualified - Indian media and security forces shared those 3 traits - and the Indian guests invited by the Indian media talked which in the interest of being succinct could be called bullshit - "One more time and Mumbai will explode"; "Is this India's wake up call"; "We should teach the Politcians a lesson by voting" except the former Police Chief who said Officer Karakare was "the victim of the system, not a bullet".
Compared with questions asked by CNN's US guests it 's apparent that the average TV invitation worthy Indian guest was quite unaware in matters which are common sense to a US citizen and based on that commonsense questions which could or should have been asked (not in any articular order) are:
- why was Officer Karakare's official bullet proof vest of inferior quality
- how and how much should the Indian government pay Officer Karkare's family for giving him inadequate, substandard armor which got him killed
- at what time were building floor plans and hotel guest lists provided to the authorities
- why were hotel resident guests not evacuated floor by floor when it became apparent that hotel was under attack - its obvious terrorists could not have held all floors hostage at the same time
- what was the dialogue between the hotel guests and hotel staff
- what are the crisis management plans of the Taj and Oberoi hotels
- who was and is reviewing Taj and Oberoi hotels' employee lists to establish any possible links between the killers and other staff
- why were Imams and Psychologist teams not brought in to buy time in guise of negotiations
- since both hotels have large windows why were the buildings not stormed simultaneously via windows in addition to elevators, air vents and staircases
- where were top Politicians and Officials - Union Home Minister; State Chief Minister; RAW Chief and others - in plain view in a Crisis Management Mode on Television, maybe to send a message that Indian leadership is in the forefront of battling terrorism and not hiding behind walls and hyperbole
- who was doing what to verify if Dawood Ibrahim was behind Mumbai Attacks the moment they started since there is history of his involvement in murdering Mumbaikars - at what time if any was Pakistan asked to hand over Ibrahim
- why are the Bombay Mayor, Maharashtra Chief Minister, Union Home Minister still holding their jobs despite a huge lapse of intelligence, and mismanagement of gigantic proportions where 4 (reported) terrorists held the Taj hostage for 60 hours - what's the ratio then 100 cops to catch 1 terrorist
- before these hotels are allowed to reopen who will establish guest safety and evacuation standards, and who is responsible for rolling out those standards nationally
- what are the penalties to be levied against the Taj and the Oberoi for not having crisis management in place
- why were US intelligence reports ignored by the Maharashtra government
- what are the steps to safeguard India - and what role does the Corporate sector play
- what will India do if Pakistan is involved
- despite repeated terrorist attacks on Indian soil why has the Indian Government not sough help of International terrorism experts
- what steps did the Government take to "tap' the activities of Muslim organizations after the Delhi terrorist encounters of September 2008
- now that it's over the media is talking more about the Taj - "heritage, icon, beautiful" - and not about the the dead - when will human life matter to India? The killers knew how to kill in the Taj but the owners of the Taj and the Police did not know how to save lives in that building - so just as respect towards the dead and their families could the media stop talking about the damage to the Taj and focus on those who will not come back to life - the hotel will reopen the dead will not become un-dead - and frankly this lamenting for a monument while bodies are being brought out shows highest levels of Indian apathy and callousness towards human life, so for once you nation of preachy people act human.