Monday, June 28, 2010

Reason & Religion

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" - Galileo Galilei

He stuck to his belief in Copernicanism supporting the heliocentric view despite bitter opposition from philosophers, astronomers and the Church, defying faith of his time.

Stephen Hawking said, "Galileo, perhaps more than any other single person, was responsible for the birth of modern science".

We need Galileo, Gates, Jobs, (Ela) Bhatt, Mandela to inspire us to that higher place where human potential and innovation thrive, sitting cross legged chanting Om leads nowhere, neither does a jargon spewing Guru- successful life follows Galileo like pursuit of empirical knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.